School Counseling Department
Mission, Vision, and Philosophy Statements
The mission of Pattonsburg School District’s School Counseling Program is to support all students in the education setting. Students are provided educational direction, a safe place, career readiness, and social/emotional support while respecting individual cultural expectations and experiences. This is completed collaboratively with the support of community members, parents/guardians, faculty and staff, and administrators within the school district.
The Pattonsburg School District’s School Counseling Program will empower students to become critical thinkers, respectfully advocate for themselves and their values, and develop an understanding of post-secondary life. Through a comprehensive and collaborative program, students are treated with respect and provided opportunities to express themselves while making their best efforts to achieve their goals.
- Every student has their own unique and individual needs.
- Students should be provided the opportunity to respectfully express and advocate for themselves.
- Learning occurs inside and outside of the classroom setting.
- The School Counseling Program is a resource for all district employees, board members, community members, and local support providers.
- The success of the School Counseling Program is reflective of a collaborative effort.
- Students’ needs such as social/emotional development, classroom assistance, and career planning can be met within the education setting.
- Members of the School Counseling Program ensure confidentiality of every student within ethical and legal guidelines.
- School should be a safe place for every student.
American School Counselor Association (2016). ASCA Ethical Standards for School Counselors. Alexandria, VA: Author.
Missouri Comprehensive School Counseling Program-A Manual for Program Development, Implementation, Evaluation and Enhancement (2017). https://dese.mo.gov/sites/default/files/cnsl-missouri-comprehensive-school-counseling-manual-2017_0.pdf